You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Monkeychow Presents: The Evidents - yes, a shameless plug for my band!

monkeychow wrote:

Hey Everyone.

http://www.theevidents.com

I'm lead guitarist in this band, and we just put two songs online. I'd welcome the thoughts of fellow gunners/revolvers. Don't be afraid to tell me it sucks if it sucks - as i'm looking for real world feedback from the type of people i'd like to be at our gigs. Or,  if you like it - feel free to stroke my ego too 16

Thanks everyone smile

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

I'll be sure to check it out, I always like to support good Aussie rock!

What do you guys sound like anyway?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

No such thing as a shameless plug here. Any member here who's a musician can feel free to post their stuff anytime.

On my dial up connection at the moment, but I'll check this out tomorrow night.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

I'll be sure to check it out, I always like to support good Aussie rock!

What do you guys sound like anyway?

thanks smile

There are a couple of songs on myspace or reverbnation you can listen to from the links on our site
( www.theevidents.com.

Hmm...not sure what we sound like exactly...hard to define it against other bands...

We have a mix of songs from lighter rock to some quite hard rock but only two are recorded as yet.

I play guitar with very little effects which tends to give it somewhat of a 1970s flavour perhaps.

Although the engineer who did the vocals and mixing for the recordings, put in some reverb on the singer and pushed him back in the mix, which has given the whole songs more of an 80s vibe than they have when performed live.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

No such thing as a shameless plug here. Any member here who's a musician can feel free to post their stuff anytime.

On my dial up connection at the moment, but I'll check this out tomorrow night.

Thanks James smile

I'll be interested to know what you think of it smile

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:

gave a listen to the songs just now. they're really nice.

it sounds like a mix of the cure with clash/sex pistols with some nice guitar solos. i like the guitar work on them so, congrats man 3

i liked in shadows more and the vocals seem a bit weird at first being pushed back but you get used to it. if you do another mix and you get them more to the front i'd be curious how it sounds but it's not a bad idea to keep them like this.

anyways, really nice songs 5

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

Thanks man smile really kind words smile

Yeah i think the next songs we record, we'll have to make sure the vocals are more upfront!

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Had a listen, and I really like the music, but the vocals didn't do much for me at all. The lead guitar stuff sounds REALLY good, you did a great job there.

James

James wrote:

Bumping this as a reminder for me to download this tonight.

James

James wrote:

Listened to the songs. Music is good, and your guitar work for some reason reminds me of mid-late 80's Helloween. Not sure why, but thats what I thought of while listening to it.

Not a fan of the vocals at all. Also reminds me of the 80's, but the cheese aspect of the era. His vocals don't really go with the music in my opinion. He should definitely be lowered in the mix, and if not, I would be having imsorry work his magic on your tracks by lowering this guy's voice.

Just my opinion. Don't take it as gospel. My tastes have changed over the years, so I am not as into this kind of music like I used to be.

Its definitely better than what I was expecting though.

I'll have to listen to Thorazine's band later tonight. Been listening to Bumble and the new Bucket album today.

Board footer