You are not logged in. Please register or login.
- Topics: Active | Unanswered
Re: Axl is in the Studio but what for?
In reality they had 1 album worth. They spent years overproducing that material and replacing good songs with weaker ones.
Whatever they had in 2000 was ready to go and would have been the best version of CD they could have put out. Would have saved everybody time, money and headaches. The label is to blame for that, but also Axl for trying to continue GN'R with only himself as the member. Where he got the idea that Guns was his own personal project is a mystery. It's interesting how feminine his personality is. Incapable of accountability, throws tantrums to get his way. Makes terrible decisions. Gets led by the nose by mediocrites and simpletons. Constantly rejects sound advice from real professionals.

- metallex78
- Rep: 195
Re: Axl is in the Studio but what for?
Looks like it wasn't even for a recording..
https://www.instagram.com/p/DeGc9emzw03/
Apparently was supposed to be a special guest for a concert for some Artist named Yoshiki.
Yep, and Fernandon't posted this knowing very well that a photo of Axl in what looked to be a recording studio, would excite the fan base.
They really are such a bunch of see you next Tuesdays.
Re: Axl is in the Studio but what for?
BLS-Pride wrote:Looks like it wasn't even for a recording..
https://www.instagram.com/p/DeGc9emzw03/
Apparently was supposed to be a special guest for a concert for some Artist named Yoshiki.
Yep, and Fernandon't posted this knowing very well that a photo of Axl in what looked to be a recording studio, would excite the fan base.
They really are such a bunch of see you next Tuesdays.
Cunt hairs in their purest form.
Re: Axl is in the Studio but what for?
I’ll keep my post semi short because it echoes a lot of what has been written.
I find the “what was said back then” vs what actually happened interesting.
This was never a re-imagining or a new era of Guns N Roses (the CD era). It was basically just Axl Rose doing a solo record or project . His end game was always reunion. I suspect they had just gotten tired of one another and just needed a break. Slash for his part fucked it up by leaving.
I forgot who it was but someone complained (pretty sure it was Buckethead or Finck) who complained that they were doing way too many classic GNR songs and not enough CD material.
Axl just fucked up the A to B step . Which is get the album out of your system and then reunite. Personally I think he underrated the power that the name still had on different counts . I don’t think he knew the power of the Slash-Axl partnership and how that was set in stone. I think he knew Slash would be difficult to replace ; just don’t think he expected the backlash.
The other part is that the public wanted new Guns N’ Roses (or were receptive to it) and that well even if it failed , it wouldn’t really effect the reunion status and the ticket sales for that. Bands routinely survived bad new albums (Van Halen, Motley Crue) and got the reunion train and bag anyway.
A real manager would have gotten this thing started way earlier . We probably lost maybe another album worth of tunes. This part is really important for them because their freaking back catalog is thin as fuck and well it’s always to play stuff from another album instead of what they usually do.
No one can tell me that the manager aspect there isn’t Team Brazil’s fault .

- xbrownstonex
- Rep: 1
Re: Axl is in the Studio but what for?
I’ll keep my post semi short because it echoes a lot of what has been written.
I find the “what was said back then” vs what actually happened interesting.
This was never a re-imagining or a new era of Guns N Roses (the CD era). It was basically just Axl Rose doing a solo record or project . His end game was always reunion. I suspect they had just gotten tired of one another and just needed a break. Slash for his part fucked it up by leaving.
I forgot who it was but someone complained (pretty sure it was Buckethead or Finck) who complained that they were doing way too many classic GNR songs and not enough CD material.
Axl just fucked up the A to B step . Which is get the album out of your system and then reunite. Personally I think he underrated the power that the name still had on different counts . I don’t think he knew the power of the Slash-Axl partnership and how that was set in stone. I think he knew Slash would be difficult to replace ; just don’t think he expected the backlash.
The other part is that the public wanted new Guns N’ Roses (or were receptive to it) and that well even if it failed , it wouldn’t really effect the reunion status and the ticket sales for that. Bands routinely survived bad new albums (Van Halen, Motley Crue) and got the reunion train and bag anyway.
A real manager would have gotten this thing started way earlier . We probably lost maybe another album worth of tunes. This part is really important for them because their freaking back catalog is thin as fuck and well it’s always to play stuff from another album instead of what they usually do.
No one can tell me that the manager aspect there isn’t Team Brazil’s fault .
so to sum it up: TB and Axl are fucking idiots

- elevendayempire
- Rep: 96
Re: Axl is in the Studio but what for?
I’ll keep my post semi short because it echoes a lot of what has been written.
I find the “what was said back then” vs what actually happened interesting.
This was never a re-imagining or a new era of Guns N Roses (the CD era). It was basically just Axl Rose doing a solo record or project . His end game was always reunion. I suspect they had just gotten tired of one another and just needed a break. Slash for his part fucked it up by leaving.
I forgot who it was but someone complained (pretty sure it was Buckethead or Finck) who complained that they were doing way too many classic GNR songs and not enough CD material.
Axl just fucked up the A to B step . Which is get the album out of your system and then reunite. Personally I think he underrated the power that the name still had on different counts . I don’t think he knew the power of the Slash-Axl partnership and how that was set in stone. I think he knew Slash would be difficult to replace ; just don’t think he expected the backlash.
The other part is that the public wanted new Guns N’ Roses (or were receptive to it) and that well even if it failed , it wouldn’t really effect the reunion status and the ticket sales for that. Bands routinely survived bad new albums (Van Halen, Motley Crue) and got the reunion train and bag anyway.
A real manager would have gotten this thing started way earlier . We probably lost maybe another album worth of tunes. This part is really important for them because their freaking back catalog is thin as fuck and well it’s always to play stuff from another album instead of what they usually do.
No one can tell me that the manager aspect there isn’t Team Brazil’s fault .
The sensible move would've been a reunion in 2006, when Slash (allegedly) visited Axl's house. But Perla was the roadblock back then, wasn't she?
They could've popped into the studio and laid down some Slash/Duff overdubs on the existing Chinese Democracy material – the fact that they're playing fucking Silkworms these days shows that even the "industrial" stuff clearly wasn't an insurmountable barrier to them – released the album and gone on tour with a Axl/Slash/Duff/Fortus/Dizzy/Pitman line-up.
And we would've had the 2006-to-2010-vintage Axl vocals on tour, Slash on guitar and probably another album out of them.
I admit, the near-complete state of the CD tracks would've made it a challenge – Axl probably wouldn't want to let go of stuff like the Buckethead solo on TWAT – but he clearly wasn't above slapping overdubs from the latest addition to the lineup on top of the songs, as the Bumblefoot material shows.
