You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: Axl Rose Official Website

faldor wrote:
busngabb wrote:
misterID wrote:

“carved out a legendary status in the rock history”

Yep, definitely official

It's poorly written, but it's definitely official. The ownership and reciprocal links on his official social media accounts check out. Perhaps it's something he's done himself? It'd be a cool place to embed leaks of all the Chinese Democracy stuff they aren't ever going to release.

I don't really understand what function is has though. It isn't selling anything, there's nothing to promote and there's almost no information on there.

All very strange and completely in keeping with the weirdness of GNR. It would be amazing if a timer appeared on it in the near future however.

I love me some Axl Rose, but this could possibly go down as the most useless website ever. I can’t see him contributing much of anything to it, so what’s the point? Maybe he’ll prove me wrong, but I’m certainly not expecting to be checking for daily updates.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Seems completely useless indeed. What is supposed to be happening on this site? News and updates? 14

Reminds me of something like this: https://www.kevingage.com/

In his case I can see the need. He's a solid actor with a few big credits to his name, but generally he is unknown. I imagine they put up sites like this so that people who might want to hire them can get a quick introduction about who this guy is etc. A promotional tool.

For Axl Rose though this hardly seems necessary.

gavgnr
 Rep: 4 

gavgnr wrote:

Jarmo’s take, for what it’s worth…

“Or he just decided to use this down time from GN'R to launch his personal site, since there's nothing GN'R related happening at the moment that would interfere with it?”

Izzyjim
 Rep: 2 

Izzyjim wrote:

From their site:

What is Bookey?
Bookey summarizes the key ideas of world’s bestselling books in 30-minute audio clips and text transcripts. Each book is complemented with a mind map that highlights the essence of the book, allowing users to grasp the gist of the book at a glance.

Wow... that's some fucked up lazy shit...
Totally sounds like something Axl might find himself involved in, unfortunately

Edit: after reading his "bio" on this site, I checked (at five differnt sites, just to be sure lol) and yeah, the text seems to be AI generated

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
gavgnr wrote:

Jarmo’s take, for what it’s worth…

“Or he just decided to use this down time from GN'R to launch his personal site, since there's nothing GN'R related happening at the moment that would interfere with it?”

This kind of desperate apologia really brings me back to the old days. He hasn't changed one bit. Even Russ and Dave became cynics eventually.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Whatever it is...it's too little, too late.

Axl/GNR have a history of official sites popping up and then either disappearing or just sitting there idle and dead for years.

It having some link to Live Nation doesn't really make it any better.

It's probably just another half assed attempt by Team Brazil to make a few extra bucks on the side.

I'd wager it fades from existence in the near future.

We'll see....

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

Only thing piqued my interest was that quote which i've never heard anywhere. Is it AI? Unbelievable. The grammatical errors and amateur presentation reeks of another TB special...

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

Only thing peaked my interest was that quote which i've never heard anywhere. Is it AI? Unbelievable. The grammatical errors and amateur presentation reeks of another TB special...

The quote is so atrocious it has to be artificial intelligence or no intelligence.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Gotta have someplace to promote his next cartoon appearance

Sky Dog wrote:

axl LOL

Board footer