You are not logged in. Please register or login.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

Re: The General and Monsters

dave-gnfnr wrote:
Phrozeninfuego wrote:

Some vocals on 'the general' sound distorted on purpose like 'oh my God'.
I still think these both are finished product. I hope I'm wrong.

mister saint laurent wrote:

. I forget what The General sounds like as soon as it's over. But while I'm listening to The General, I do enjoy it.

Same. I feel it's complex. Lyrics weird as hell. The Vibe is very different.

The lyrics are super dark and are almost like someone just giving up on life

harmon420
 Rep: 20 

harmon420 wrote:

I've listened to the instrumentals several times and it definitely sounds like two different lineups. Then again I don't really know anything.

dave-gnfnr

dave-gnfnr wrote:
harmon420 wrote:

I've listened to the instrumentals several times and it definitely sounds like two different lineups. Then again I don't really know anything.

The monsters parts if you listen to the bass and guitars sounds like it could be a VR song

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Gagarin wrote:

YAWWWNNNNN. Wha... what...wha...what did I miss?
*rubs eyes*

Well, regarding both of these, I won't state whether or not I "hear Slash" or if I think these are pre-Not In This Lifetime versions. We all make God in our own image, and likewise, we can hear Vunter Slaush in the strangest of places when we open our hearts to him.

Now, The General isn't what I expected. That's...probably good? I think it would be more 'memorable' if the vocals weren't buried under a pillow. I think I like the melody and it seems like it has a disturbing and biting theme, but as it is, just when it hooks you in he kicks in his E5...and I can't make out a goddamn thing. I'd love to sing along but I can't.

Monsters is very atmospheric and has a nice energy. Reminds me of Poison, if Poison was psychotic. Cowboy hat *AND* spooky lights. I can imagine this song on the opening credit montage of a movie or TV episode.

Except 'what I did, I did for you, I was there for youuuuuuuu', and the 'monsterssss', again, his vocals are channeled through 400 tons of water and I don't know what to make of it.

I really DIG the ending of Monsters.

Where is Mike Clink when you need him?

vavilov74
 Rep: 0 

vavilov74 wrote:

pm please

Miguelox26
 Rep: 5 

Miguelox26 wrote:

slash plays clearly in both songs, at the end of the general it sounds perfectly together with Axl doing a duet, the sinister melody is very numetal, the bass and nothing else Axl starts to sing seems like Korn!

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

The gun is safe in fact it’s hid away inside of you

I think this line might be

"The dirty secret that you hid away inside of you"

dave-gnfnr

dave-gnfnr wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

The gun is safe in fact it’s hid away inside of you

I think this line might be

"The dirty secret that you hid away inside of you"

You nailed it , nice job.  Updated lyrics

The monsters in hell with me

A Tour da force of an evil passion
A broken heart that was out of fashion
A dynamic duo in your big attraction
My early warning was your satan laughing

I was there for you
It’s all I could do
Oh but it’s over now
Oh but it’s over now

I was there for you
It’s all I could do
Oh but it’s over now
Oh but it’s over now

You stole my soul with the devils romancin'
All alone when your bedroom dancin’
I thought I could feel somebody worth havin’
But in the end I guess you’re good for the damin’

I was there for you
It’s all I could do
Oh but it’s over now
Oh but it’s over now

The more I did what I did I did for you
There's no excuses for the hell on earth you put me through
I never get how much I cared but I cared for you
To make it better there was nothing that I wouldn’t do
I doubt there’s anybody living who wants to know the truth
The dirty secret that you hid away inside of you
Whoever thought I’d be around to shed a light on you
Well heres the story baby I got nothing else to do

I was there for you
It’s all I could do
Oh but it’s over now
Oh but it’s over now

Thanks to Mon Rom (Dondanov) and Monkey Chow for help with the ranting part In the second half of the song and Gagarin and Dark for some corrections on the parts I could not figure out.

Shacklermyrye wrote:

Don't you kind of feel like there the same song split into 2 parts? That old tour intro is in both songs. Monsters is far better I agree.

I've seen some say it was one song originally and they decided to turn it into two songs. I really don't know.

Me personally, I think the songs are very different, while having some similarities. Just like State of Grace has some similarities with Monsters, but is still very different.

My guess would be that Monsters was known as Soul Monster, which if true, would mean it and The General have been separate songs for as long as we've heard about them.

dave-gnfnr

dave-gnfnr wrote:
mister saint laurent wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:

Don't you kind of feel like there the same song split into 2 parts? That old tour intro is in both songs. Monsters is far better I agree.

I've seen some say it was one song originally and they decided to turn it into two songs. I really don't know.

Me personally, I think the songs are very different, while having some similarities. Just like State of Grace has some similarities with Monsters, but is still very different.

My guess would be that Monsters was known as Soul Monster, which if true, would mean it and The General have been separate songs for as long as we've heard about them.

The weird thing is, if it is two songs then why put both on the record single and not just one?  Its odd to have 9 mins of music as the B side and the A side only be 4 minutes when the songs split would match nicely with the side for Perhaps

Board footer