You are not logged in. Please register or login.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

Re: The General confirmed next

polluxlm wrote:

At least they're not selling out. To do that you would have to sell something. It's not really a nostalgia act. Nostalgia acts release albums. This is a hustle band. You throw the mark a bone to keep him interested.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

Regarding a new album, if they could actually get in a studio and focus on working quickly, you never know I guess. The right producer is key I would think. The band seem in a very positive space right now. They need someone to spark and harness that creativity. Andrew Watt seems the go-to guy at the moment. That new Stones song is incredible.

But Axl being Axl - it's hard to see it happening quickly. And like many have mentioned, father time is closing in.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

Regarding a new album, if they could actually get in a studio and focus on working quickly, you never know I guess. The right producer is key I would think. The band seem in a very positive space right now. They need someone to spark and harness that creativity. Andrew Watt seems the go-to guy at the moment. That new Stones song is incredible.

But Axl being Axl - it's hard to see it happening quickly. And like many have mentioned, father time is closing in.

If they’re using Joe Barresi (Perhaps) on a future album you guys are going to be really happy.

I can see a deal being made with Slash and Duff, maybe just as respect for all involved, that they release CD songs as singles and not an album because they want to do their own thing as a band but still release it for Axl’s hard work.

I’m wondering if anything *is* being held back for an album like Oklahoma

Sky Dog wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

Axl has a few years to go before “Father Time” puts him at the Mick and Keith’s age!

Where did you listen to new Stones song?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

At least they're not selling out. To do that you would have to sell something. It's not really a nostalgia act. Nostalgia acts release albums. This is a hustle band. You throw the mark a bone to keep him interested.

Nostalgia acts in today's world don't need albums. The past is what gets asses in seats.

The Eagles, Steely Dan, Foreigner, Fleetwood Mac, Bon Jovi, Doobie Brothers, ZZ Top....

They don't need or want to do albums. In the off chance they do one, it's only as a promotional tool for the tour... which is basically what albums are now unfortunately.

The Stones the biggest nostalgia act of all...but even they got a creative spark and went into the studio last year and recorded two albums worth of material.

I wish bands still had to have an album in stores before they could tour. The GNR discography would be a hell of a lot bigger.

James

James wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

Axl has a few years to go before “Father Time” puts him at the Mick and Keith’s age!

Where did you listen to new Stones song?

James

James wrote:
misterID wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

If they’re using Joe Barresi (Perhaps) on a future album you guys are going to be really happy.

I can see a deal being made with Slash and Duff, maybe just as respect for all involved, that they release CD songs as singles and not an album because they want to do their own thing as a band but still release it for Axl’s hard work.

I’m wondering if anything *is* being held back for an album like Oklahoma

That guy (or someone else) has one hell of a job on their hands if Absurd, Hard School, Perhaps, and The General are going to be included on an album.

Listen to the first three back to back. That is scatter shot...all over the place. All three will need a proper mix and final master before ever going together.

TheSundanceKid
 Rep: 30 

James wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Nostalgia acts in today's world don't need albums. The past is what gets asses in seats.

The Eagles, Steely Dan, Foreigner, Fleetwood Mac, Bon Jovi, Doobie Brothers, ZZ Top....

They don't need or want to do albums. In the off chance they do one, it's only as a promotional tool for the tour... which is basically what albums are now unfortunately.

The Stones the biggest nostalgia act of all...but even they got a creative spark and went into the studio last year and recorded two albums worth of material.

I wish bands still had to have an album in stores before they could tour. The GNR discography would be a hell of a lot bigger.

Fleetwood Mac = dead.

They had an album. Stevie refused to play on it. It became a duet album.

Bon Jovi still cracking out new albums.

I've mentioned it before.

Guns should use Lindsey Buckingham as their producer for any future album. Whether it be recycled songs or new material.

The guy has it. He has a good creative spark.

Tom Petty respected the hell out of him too.

He knows how to make rock, and weird rock.

Fuck the Rick Rubins and the new fad folks.

Get the Buck.

guts
 Rep: 1 

guts wrote:

With the recent Fortus interview now I think more music is going to be released.

It would be nice to get Atlas/Soul Monster this year instead of having to wait til 2025.

James

James wrote:

Lindsey as producer sounds good in theory. I'd love to have seen it happen in 1990-91. He either makes it twice as good...or the whole damn thing falls apart.

The guy who did Tusk probably doesn't belong in the same studio as the guy who did Chinese Democracy.  18

Not enough time left in the universe. 16

Lindsey is much closer to being an actual perfectionist than Axl is...at least in his youth anyways.

He has his own Chinese Democracy style project but his was condensed into two years and called Tusk.

Once his solo career didn't turn out how he wanted, he should've went all in on the production side of things.

He really was amazing. A good example is how Stevie barely showed up for the Tango sessions. He wanted her to come back and finish backing vocals. She refused. He used studio magic with both effects and other singers to where you can't even tell which parts aren't really her.

Board footer