You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: The General confirmed next

misterID wrote:

It’s a weird song structure from what you can hear. The beat is cool and so are Axl’s screams.

harmon420
 Rep: 20 

harmon420 wrote:

Those Buckethead licks in The General (from what you can actually hear) are on par with Soothsayer. Even if Slash is copy pasted on top of it, from what I can make out, this will be a satisfying track for the hardcore fanbase.

carlossacanell
 Rep: 1 

ClaudeF wrote:
misterID wrote:

The snippet I heard sounds bad ass

What can you say about the instrumentation and if it matches the cellphone clip?

(Please feel free to PM me if that’s better for you!)

Can i get the clip please?

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:

"The General" is a litmus test for me.

It's the sequel to one of the best Gn'R songs of all time in "Estranged" and likely one of the last songs finished up. It would have Axl giving an Angel Down era vocal take and maybe one of the last songs Buckethead recorded with the band. So on multiple fronts, it should really deliver.

It should be divorced from early CD session songwriting ideas and has the potential to be more comfortably sprawling. In summary, this has the potentially to be a damn good song. That is what I'm expecting. And if anything, the guy who heard this at the 2012(?) after party is responsible for more of my hype than Sebastian Bach.

I was hyped for "Zodiac" and if it's half as good as that, I'm gonna be through the moon.

I'm excited but I'm considerably more nervous.

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

harmon420 wrote:
misterID wrote:

It was probably the same thing everyone else heard lol

Glad to know I'm not the only nerd listening to that shitty clip over and over again.

I was listening to that clip on my cracked cellphone as I took a shower last week.

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

James wrote:

I know it was a completely different time/era, but this Perhaps promo makes me wonder how 2006 would've turned out with a single release getting a major push.

Fans suggested it at the time.

I cannot predict what songs will succeed as singles: maybe it’s just a blind dumb luck that a song gains enough interest/ word of mouth to chart….

Better, Madagascar, Blues are all substantially better tracks than Perhaps yet here we are.

I’d suggest they release a bunch right now to capitalize on the public’s eye view of Sauron gaze on the band.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

Listen to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRiDol5mCqc

Then listen to this song by Brain

Sound like the same beat?

misterID

misterID wrote:

Holy fuck I want to hear this song. Man, had the hoarders played ball a couple months back they would have gotten something out of it

misterID

misterID wrote:
ClaudeF wrote:

Listen to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRiDol5mCqc

Then listen to this song by Brain

Sound like the same beat?

Similar. What’s funny is that I swear I hear Axl talking in like a monologue before he starts the screaming just like the beginning of that track

Tortilla_Man
 Rep: 1 

Tortilla_Man wrote:

This week's theme:

"You Hoard ,You Lose"

F'n Hoarders , 
look at GNR cashing in on The General' 
Malibu , pulling That Money,  right out the Hoarders pockets lol  ; )

Board footer