You are not logged in. Please register or login.

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

Re: Perhaps (2023) to Drop

sp1at wrote:
James wrote:
ClaudeF wrote:

People pointed out John5 being in the video. The guy is pretty social, so it's no surprise that he should know GNR, *but* I was looking through old notes and found this circa the "No Trickery" shows. No proof if it's true and NOT my words, just something I read:

Axl texted Josh Freese if he could talk to Bucket for him and to tell bucket to give him a call. Asked Josh if he knew any other guitar players, Josh said John5, and Axl said we auditioned with him but it didn't work out.

Splat might remember something about this.

Gigger (Splat member) mentioned something about John 5 in the lead up to Hammerstein.

I can't remember much about it. We mentioned it at the time, and both Axl and John 5 have mentioned it since. Beyond that, I can't remember

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

John 5 would have been interesting in the band cos based on his motley crue stuff he would have played note perfect versions of the recorded stuff as tribute to the creators.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Anybody know what the new vocals are on this song? I never listened much to the demo.

There's a few things, some of the lyrics sound like they are alternative takes or reinforced vocals - a few of the 'heys' at the start have a slightly different tone than the demo imo.

The major thing is the mixing on the chorus has the "got a lot more than I bargained for" vocals with his lower register at the front and the high version in the background, in the demo these parts were much more prominently in the high register I think.

Also there used to be a "save me" Axl backing vocal in the background on those parts which is either gone or very quiet now.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:
misterID wrote:

Cool. I’m happy for them. Even Fernando

I was listening to Melissa’s cover of Sorry and she really needs to be utilized more

Her take on Sorry made me appreciate Axl's songwriting more.

Like you can see how he could write pop songs like that rather than just rock.

Reminds me of when Cornell did that scream album with timberland.

Sky Dog wrote:

Do we have official writing credits for Perhaps?

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

monkeychow wrote:
misterID wrote:

I was listening to Melissa’s cover of Sorry and she really needs to be utilized more

Wait, there's a Melissa cover of Sorry?

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
misterID wrote:

Wait, there's a Melissa cover of Sorry?

Taa-daa! https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=H09RCAwHh4Y

AtariLegend wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Do we have official writing credits for Perhaps?

No writing credits yet, but there are credits as to who is on it.

Click more in the description -

https://youtu.be/0NWGVTQNyoM

Brain, but no Frank is interesting. Some hear a little bit of Finck in the solo left, but he's not credited.

I can't copy/paste on phone, but it's probably already been posted in this thread.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Isn't that an odd order to list it?

Axl
Brain
Duff
Slash
Fortus
Dizzy.

Why is Brain listed so high? Why is Duff before Slash? It's not alphabetic, and I doubt a random order would find Brain so high up. Normally you would just go Axl, Slash, Duff...and so forth.

Could this indicate a writing credit or some other importance?

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

They fade out Finck’s solo, which seems disrespectful to the man. His curving melody from 1:41 — 1:43 sets a certain emotional tone that holds up the entire transition from the chorus to the solo.

He deserves writing credit. Partially to reward two decades of patience while this great song gathered dust.

If we are all a bit crazy from waiting to hear things in the vault, imagine how the musicians must feel.

Board footer