You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: 2023 Tour Dates

Sky Dog wrote:

Is everybody here on drugs? I’m really glad I have friends that aren’t so naive. Again, I am actually embarrassed that I read these unbelievably naive comments on this circus. They are a cabaret act which has a solid Broadway following.

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

Sky Dog wrote:

Is everybody here on drugs? I’m really glad I have friends that aren’t so naive. Again, I am actually embarrassed that I read these unbelievably naive comments on this circus. They are a cabaret act which has a solid Broadway following.

You have friends?
To be fair this is gnr nothing at all except endless touring is a possibility

Although having said that I think attendence at gigs is down a lot, so how long can they keep on touring before it's not financially viable?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Is everybody here on drugs?

Actually.......yes.   lol

Well.....mostly Suboxone and Kratom these days but I do treat myself sometimes.

An Oxy- The General speedball would go down nice right now.

I get the pessimism but it does appear that the release of a song is on the launch pad...or in the process of being moved to the launch pad.

The teasing is ridiculous though. If they had a track record of following through, a teasing strategy could be fun. Unfortunately...they don't follow through so the teasing strategy just riles up an already riled up hardcore base.

As far as them filming goes, in a normal world this might mean something but they have documented entire tours and done nothing with the footage.Hell...it took 31 years for fans to see the Ritz show.

Recording a video? They haven't performed a new song yet. Recording Hell Freezes Over style and will release a concert with 2 new songs? Doubtful...but possible.

Sky Dog wrote:

My drug is alcohol so we are all even…

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I would be more pessimistic if they hadn't released the Absurd/Hardskool thing.

But that showed both that they have the desire to release songs, and, more importantly, that there are no legal/business-side impediments to releasing the unused CD songs or other music.

That is, it shows it's not that they have formally given up from releases and it's not that the rights are so tied up it's impossible to release. Sure it takes too long for us, but what has happened before can happen again.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

How do you meet Axl Rose before going to a Guns N' Roses concert and not realise who you're talking to?

https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comm … y/jrm7q46/

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

If you last saw him in 1993 you could be excused I guess!

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

Even if they haven’t debuted new music yet I give them credit for rotating alternates and switching up the order of songs. I’m excited for Fenway.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

It's GNR so who knows anything, but looking objectively:

1. Slash implied at one stage they had 5-6 songs done and would release them occasionally over the next years. They released 2 and it's now been 2 years since that release.

2. Perhaps has been sound checked a couple of times this year.

3. The mixing engineer seemed to have show notes for perhaps and possibly the general.

4. Duff said there would be news in around a week (in an interview that was pulled).

5. There was a photo of the band listening to mixes of something (now also pulled).

To me this implies they are/were at least considering releasing something.

I was hoping for this week, but at this stage i'm wondering if the American leg is the most likely. I mean it's GNR so anything could happen. Might release everything or nothing at all. But there's sure been some positive looking events this tour.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

To me this implies they are/were at least considering releasing something.

This. If it were any other band we'd all be saying "this is exciting, looks like new music is on the way".

It's GN'R. All we ultimately know is all the things you mentioned happened. And the most we can assume is at the time those things happened there was a plan to release something.

We have no idea how many times their plans have changed or whether they've been scrapped entirely.

Board footer