You are not logged in. Please register or login.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Re: 2023 Tour Dates

Between the Buckethead mention and Axl's outfit resembling the stuff he wore in 2000-01, the Rome performance of KOHD is kind of an odd callback to that era.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

The endless teasing is hard to take...but it does look like this tour is building to something...what with the soundchecks and then the show notes....plus the precedent that they released hardskool absurd as a casual release, plus we know Slash worked on a few more.

Like the default with GNR is always "nah nothing will happen" but it really does seem more real to me this time.

Axl seems fired up of late too, I've been digging the twat screams.....you never know we could be in for a good year.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

If they were to keep releasing singles until they had say 10 tracks, would that then be conveniently packaged into an album?

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

That was the plan they eluded to, but I think they went back on the singles thing. At least it seems so.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

polluxlm wrote:

That was the plan they eluded to, but I think they went back on the singles thing. At least it seems so.

I mean, it's a bloody daft plan, because it saps any interest in an album if the entire thing has been widely available as singles for (in some cases) over a year.

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

Scabbie wrote:

If they were to keep releasing singles until they had say 10 tracks, would that then be conveniently packaged into an album?

Slash said there is one or two and then another one or two, if you include Hardschool and Absurd that's 6 so not really enough for an album.

they should just drop the next 4 as an EP.

However some people at the Glasgo gig and at a few shows since have mentioned they have seen extra people filming that appear to be separate from the normal big screen video stuff. That coupled with that KOHD clip at the start of the tour that actually sounded well mixed make me think a live album/blu ray could be on the cards. Or at least maybe live tracks as extra tracks on a Perhaps EP or something.

That seems far more likely and achievable than an actual album. I get the whole "nothings going to happen" assumption from the fan base but sometimes 2 add 2 does make 4 even in GN'R world.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I don't think we know that they abandoned the singles plan. Might just be on a slower cycle than we'd like.

I agree with Shacklermyrye - the band seems to be in "get something done" mode at the moment.

Might be setting myself up for a fall lol - but it just feels like they will do something soon.

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

monkeychow wrote:

I don't think we know that they abandoned the singles plan. Might just be on a slower cycle than we'd like.

I agree with Shacklermyrye - the band seems to be in "get something done" mode at the moment.

Might be setting myself up for a fall lol - but it just feels like they will do something soon.

I don't know that soon is the word lol

Couso
 Rep: 1 

Couso wrote:

I think they’ll release a few songs

I’d love them to release the remixes of Chinese because things like better gone and that one with the blazing saddles sample are absolutely batshit
In a very good way

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:

I don't know that soon is the word lol

Post of the week! lol

Board footer