You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: UYI Box set coming 2022

James wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

For sure the EP punk cover with Izzy has to be included because it was a real part of those sessions…Spaghetti was too well polished.

Looking back on this period, it was honorable to let that charity album have Civil War exclusively but was a mistake in hindsight.

The fact it entered heavy rotation on Rock and top 40 stations gave little incentive to buy it...and many places didn't have it for long.

Should've released it as a single so it could properly chart and it allows the possibility of Down on the Farm as a B side.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

The production on TSI was huge.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

Has anyone heard of them reaching out to collectors for memorabilia to photograph? That might give us hints of the time period they are looking to cover.

James

James wrote:
ClaudeF wrote:

Has anyone heard of them reaching out to collectors for memorabilia to photograph? That might give us hints of the time period they are looking to cover.

Couple years ago, one of the main collectors mentioned that the GNR camp put out feelers.

Nothing specific mentioned though.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
ClaudeF wrote:

Over at mygnr there was a thread dedicated to just that. I think the band was in touch with the same guy that assisted them with the AFD Box

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

James wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

For sure the EP punk cover with Izzy has to be included because it was a real part of those sessions…Spaghetti was too well polished.

Looking back on this period, it was honorable to let that charity album have Civil War exclusively but was a mistake in hindsight.

The fact it entered heavy rotation on Rock and top 40 stations gave little incentive to buy it...and many places didn't have it for long.

Should've released it as a single so it could properly chart and it allows the possibility of Down on the Farm as a B side.

They could've released it as a single to promote the charity album, with the profits going to the charity.

ClaudeF

ClaudeF wrote:

For completeness I hope they will include remasters of the non-album tracks like the “Estranged”’promo edits, b-sides like live cuts and the Slash interview, etc.

There were some “November Rain” edits but to my understanding they were made by individual DJs and not approved by the band.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
ClaudeF wrote:

Apparently the usual suspects have been contacted by the band for this thing.

ClaudeF

ClaudeF wrote:

Any suggestions that these include content after 1992?

James

James wrote:
ClaudeF wrote:

There were some “November Rain” edits but to my understanding they were made by individual DJs and not approved by the band.

This reminds me of that one radio edit that ended right before the outro starts.

Board footer