You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: Hardschool single coming September 24th.

I dug it, but this should have been the official release back in September.  Also kind of surprised they released a video with guns, fires and explosions in a school.

dalethirsty
 Rep: 20 

dalethirsty wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

I dug it, but this should have been the official release back in September.  Also kind of surprised they released a video with guns, fires and explosions in a school.

yeah, and the video dropped right after a school shooting in michigan. horrible timing. the entire video is covered with splashes of blood.

not a fan of these lyric videos at all. the vocals are so fast-paced in this song that the lyrics can't even keep up. 14

i've seen several fan-made videos that use live footage, and they destroy this thing.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Didn’t think of that. You’re right though, probably should’ve gone in a different direction and definitely released it back in September.

DtM51
 Rep: 6 

DtM51 wrote:

After watching the lyric video, I feel like Axl wrote the lyrics about himself. On the lyric video it seemed to highlight Axl during the chorus ‘had to be a fool had to do it your way, had to be fool had to throw it all away’. I see the whole lyric video as a guide to the meaning of HS.

I listened to this song on repeat when it first came out and burnt it out, happy to say now revisiting it a couple months later i like the song even more than when I first heard it. Would love an album of Chinese Leftovers with Slash and Duff.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

That was.... underwhelming.

As already mentioned, should've been released a couple months ago with the single.

It also deserved a real video.

Oh well....baby steps. Much better than nothing.

I doubt it gains much traction. The song is already old news and it's not easy today to get second winds.

Board footer