You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: Skid Row live in Japan 1995

metallex78 wrote:

Stumbled across this on YouTube. Killer gig!

Sebastian is a bit hit and miss with vocals here and there, but overall it’s great. The band is tight as hell too!

This show really shows you how underrated Scott and Snake are as guitarists, and man, Rob Affuso is an absolute beast behind the drum kit!

Setlist below:
Slave to the Grind
Piece of Me
Frozen
Here I Am
Face Against My Soul
Beat Yourself Blind
Psycho Therapy (Ramones cover)
18 and Life
Psycho Love
Firesign
Riot Act
Eileen
Midnight / Tornado
Mudkicker
Medicine Jar
Into Another
Monkey Business
Makin' a Mess
Subhuman Race
My Enemy
I Remember You
Youth Gone Wild
Get the Fuck Out

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

Cool! Subhuman Race is totally overlooked. I get it though.

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:

Yeah, I liked Subhuman Race when I first got it back in 1995, but it wasn’t as strong as the previous albums. Seeing the songs played live has given me a greater appreciation for the album. I even revisited the album after this and enjoyed listening a few times through again.

What’s impressed me most about this gig, is the fact that they played NINE songs from Subhuman Race in this set! That’s impressive that they had that much confidence in the album, when nowadays the entire band slag it off as a crap album.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I'll have to watch this, keep meaning to. Funny to think Skid Row was still around in '95.

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

I'll have to watch this, keep meaning to. Funny to think Skid Row was still around in '95.

It’s definitely worth a watch.

Watching this in hindsight now of the musical era changing around them back then, and them falling out of popularity, they sound fantastic at this show.
Like, they show they’re still more than capable of hanging with the big leagues.

It also shows how much of a shame it is that they couldn’t keep it together with Baz

Board footer