You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: pets

Neemo wrote:

so we had to put him down today....sad sad

gonna be weird without him around

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

My condolences, very sorry Neemo.

I used to kind of blow that stuff off as "just get over it, it's an animal".

Until I went through it myself... it's REAL tough. And it took me awhile to get over it.

It will get better...

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I assume that cat isn't yawning.

Good photog skills to capture that.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

I haven't been around much as my Elliott was diagnosed with a grade 2 mass cell tumor (cancer) a fortnight ago sad

BHIcd8OCEAAp5OC.png

A lump just appeared overnight so we caught it really early, and they scanned him/took blood a few days after his operation and confirmed it hadn't spread further. He started chemotherapy yesterday and to look at him you wouldn't know anything was wrong at all - just his usual happy self. He's only 6 so hoping he will make a full recovery and live for many years yet, but the vet wasn't exactly optimistic sad

Krystal and I are both devastated and just trying to spend even more time together as a family incase his condition gets worse. Trying to stay positive but it's bloody hard when I see Krystal crying over Elliott and knowing theres nothing I can say or do to make things go back to how they were hmm Just gotta keep our fingers crossed really and hope for the best.

RaZor
 Rep: 32 

RaZor wrote:

Sorry to hear that Will, it's tough losing a pet.  We just lost a cat to cancer a couple weeks ago, and the worse part is my 4 year old boy has been asking about her ever since.  I wish I could have postponed explaining death to the boy a few more years.  :-/  On a better note, a Pet Smart by us is having a puppy adoption in a couple of weeks, so hopefully we'll be picking up out first dog.  smile

Hang in there Will.

Great pic Russ.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Truly sad for you guys, Will. Hope your dog is 100% safe and secure very soon.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

Cheers guys smile Elliotts chemo lasts for another 11 weeks yet so I guess I'll know where we stand then.

I've barely slept at all in the last fortnight as I'm just so scared that he'll suddenly get worse. Kinda stupid of me really as I know he's always been happy and loved but I'd never forgive myself if I woke up and found that he'd been suffering for hours whilst I was asleep hmm

Right now he's tumor/cancer free, as far as I know anyway, but I'm still on edge and kinda worried that I'll be like this everyday until Elliott passes away, which could be 5-10 years from now with any luck. I'll be a bloody wreck if I don't sleep for the next 5+ years 16

Board footer