You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Michael Jackson Discussion

RussTCB wrote:

removed

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

I was listening to Say Say Say earlier on the bus heading up to the metro to get to campus. smile One of my favorite MJ collabs. Him & Sir Paul were magic on that track.

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

That pop he gets on the moonwalk gives me the chills. Long Live the King!

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

RussTCB wrote:

Hell yes Me_Wise. I have Say Say Say on the McCartney best of "All The Best". I fuckin' LOVE that song.

smoke: What gets me about it is it's half pop and half gasp. You can literally hear people's breath being taken away by a performance.

Me too! I remember my friend showing the video of the track on youtube awhile ago and i really enjoyed it. I remember my other friend telling me he would of killed for an EP or even full album of Sir Paul and MJ singing and playing together before the whole 1985 Beatle catalog fuck up. The Girl is Mine was an ok, fun, and harmless lil' tune during Thriller.

Oh yeah I have some of the songs of the Bad remaster on my spotify playlist that I listen to a ton and the remastered tracks are fucking sick. 9 I need to pick up the set on CD very soon.  Have a few Dangerous ones on there. Of course Black & White and Give In To Me mostly! 21

I remember the first time I heard MJ's music was when the Beat It video showed on this TV commercial and it showed Alvin the chipmunk dancing along with the jacket in a live action video overdub. ..and of course Weird AL , most of Thriller, and the hits of the 5 on radio. wink

By the way have you guys checked out the Cirque remix album or seen the show? I heard it was pretty amazing. I know you've seen Love, Russ. Which I still need to. 5

RaZor
 Rep: 32 

RaZor wrote:

This thread is an awesome read.  I only have one thing to say.

Sky Dog wrote:

I gotta say...if I hear one more person call this guy a "GENIUS" I am going to throw up.

This guy's a genius. big_smile

RaZor
 Rep: 32 

RaZor wrote:

Wait, I do have something more to share on this.  Something really weird happened to me related to MJ's passing.  The week before he died, I downloaded 4 of his albums and had been listening to them non stop.  It was such a weird and creepy coincidence, that it still gives me goose bumps when I think about it.  After years of not listening it his music because it wasn't cool any more, and because of disgust over the child abuse allegations, something inside of me just drove me to purchase them and listen to them again.  It was so weird, like in a split second, I came to the realization that even if I hated what this man may have done, I can still love what he created, and that I didn't care what anyone else thought or felt about it. And suddenly I was compelled to purchase the CDs.  Then a week later he dies. Fucking Creepy.

It was really great to listen to his stuff again though.  This music was the soundtrack to some great memories, that I had denied myself for a long time.

Board footer