You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

Re: Slash's new video for "ANASTASIA"

-D- wrote:

Worst singles? ?? 2 number ones off contraband, two number ones off apocalyptic love.

I think hes done fine

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Gibbo wrote:

My live in sydney video has got alot iv 20

Holy fuck! 9 21

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

Now THAT is how to jam out a song! Fuck me!

maroc_3
 Rep: 3 

maroc_3 wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic wrote:

the song is still a masterpiece.

I agree-this song is (one of) the best of "Apocalyptic Love".
This video isn't very special but it's much better than "Bad Rain" wink

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:
-D- wrote:

Worst singles? ?? 2 number ones off contraband, two number ones off apocalyptic love.

I think hes done fine

I think he could have done better.

Contraband- should have released "you got no right" instead of "dirty little thing"
Libertad- should have released "grave dancer" instead of "get out the door"
Apocalyptic Love- should have released "anastaysia" instead of "your a lie"

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Intercourse wrote:
-D- wrote:

I think hes done fine

I think he could have done better.

Contraband- should have released "you got no right" instead of "dirty little thing"
Libertad- should have released "grave dancer" instead of "get out the door"
Apocalyptic Love- should have released "anastaysia" instead of "your a lie"

I agree with the examples you cited, but you could do that for all bands/artists.  GNR had many great songs that weren't released as singles.  How about "Breakdown" over "Garden of Eden" for example?  The record company and other execs have a hand in deciding what songs to release as singles, what songs to include on an album.  So I don't think you can place blame squarely on the band/artist.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

maroc_3 wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic wrote:

the song is still a masterpiece.

I agree-this song is (one of) the best of "Apocalyptic Love".
This video isn't very special but it's much better than "Bad Rain" wink

Yeahh...I'm more of a fan of pro shot footage for rock videos if it's done properly. Like to see Slash in his dojo; so to speak. Depends on the song. If it needs a concept then I'm all for it. The problem with Bad Rain was the animation just wasn't that good and it didn't fit the song at all. Wasn't a terrible video overall. I personally like You're A Lie. It grew on me a ton these past few months.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I agree about you got no right. But grave dancer isn't a radio song, but messages would have been better.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

Slash always picks the worst cock rock singles...

VR could have done so much better with VR II if they had put "Messages" on the abum and led the album out with that as the first single, make a beautiful video dedicated to those that died in 9/11 and give all single proceeds to a 9/11 charity.
Big news, big splash, big sales, big money to the victims families: everybody wins.

Agree with you Gibbo, Far & Away would be a winner, stick it in a Rom Com movie to get the chicks into it and get it on mainsteream radio..

Yeah agree mate I don't understand how they didn't have messages on there they do some wierd shit a lot of vr fans have never even heard that song

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

That live version of Anastasia from above is one of Slash's most all time epic moments.  Maybe his greatest live moment ever.  It just rips, better than the studio version.

Board footer