You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Why MTV Doesn't Play Videos Anymore

RussTCB wrote:

removed

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

They realized they aren't very good at it?

I had to stop watching after 90 seconds, as I was starting to feel my brain cells deteriorate.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

It's about the money, true, but the joke is still on them as long as they continue calling themselves MTV.

apex-twin

apex-twin wrote:

Film is still called film, even if they increasingly shoot/process/project high-definition video.

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:

Film in its popular meaning does not refer to the material the moving pictures are stored on, so it's not the same thing.

apex-twin

apex-twin wrote:

The popular meaning of MTV is mostly the visual language they helped to develop through presenting music videos. Hence, "MTV-style", which generally refers to fast cutting, odd angles and other promo video staples. Their reality shows (which I have not watched) are likely to carry on that visual tradition.

So their name may come from music television, but the abbreviation was disassociated from its original meaning a long time ago.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:
apex-twin wrote:

The popular meaning of MTV is mostly the visual language they helped to develop through presenting music videos. Hence, "MTV-style", which generally refers to fast cutting, odd angles and other promo video staples. Their reality shows (which I have not watched) are likely to carry on that visual tradition.

So their name may come from music television, but the abbreviation was disassociated from its original meaning a long time ago.

MTV yes, music no. And everybody who remember when they used to air videos knows the M stands for music. As a result they get some shit for it, that's all it is.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:

Sooo... That was about the fucking brilliant-est thing I've seen in a while. Thanks, Russ... LOL

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:

i found that super funny and ridiculously accurate.  It's still Mtv because Mtv is a youth oriented brand.  Nothing more nothing less, amazingly, for all the reasons this joke video said.

Board footer