You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

Re: SLASH To Perform Song From Upcoming Solo CD At LAYN Benefit Concert

mickronson wrote:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe … mID=130361

Slash (VELVET REVOLVER, GUNS N' ROSES) will perform a song off his upcoming self-titled solo album with WOLFMOTHER's Andrew Stockdale at a benefit concert on November 22 at the Avalon in Hollywood, California. The show, billed "Slash & Friends", will be a fundraiser for the Los Angeles Youth Network (LAYN) is a non-profit organization providing services to homeless and runaway youth. Also scheduled to appear are Ozzy Osbourne, Chester Bennington (LINKIN PARK), Tom Morello (AUDIOSLAVE, RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE), Dave Navarro (JANE'S ADDICTION) and Billy Idol, among others.

LAYN's mission is to help abused, neglected and homeless adolescents become self-sufficient. They do this by providing street outreach, food, emergency shelter and transitional living programs, with a professional, caring staff in a nurturing and safe environment.

"Slash" will see Roadrunner Records enter into a unique and innovative association with a U.K. media partner — the special-interest media group Future. In a brand new concept in record distribution the standard album release will be preceded by a "fan pack," in which the Roadrunner Records album will be bundled together with a highly collectable special issue of Future Publishing's Classic Rock magazine dedicated to Slash's career. This will be the first format of the album available anywhere in the world.

And...

http://twitter.com/StevenAdlerGNR

just gone rehearsing with slash, duff and dave navarro. it was really great hangin and playing with those guys!
about 15 hours ago from mobile web

it was also good to see my old pal and friend Mc BOB
about 15 hours ago from mobile web

And....

From Dave Navarro's Twitter

http://twitpic.com/qbc8u - OG GnR! Duff, Slash and Steven!
about 11 hours ago from TwitPic

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
mickronson wrote:

"Slash" will see Roadrunner Records enter into a unique and innovative association with a U.K. media partner — the special-interest media group Future. In a brand new concept in record distribution the standard album release will be preceded by a "fan pack," in which the Roadrunner Records album will be bundled together with a highly collectable special issue of Future Publishing's Classic Rock magazine dedicated to Slash's career. This will be the first format of the album available anywhere in the world.

Sounds cool...i hope it comes out in Australia!

This gig wih Navarro, Slash, Steven and Duff sounds cool too...hope we get some footage...love to see the new song!

Sky Dog wrote:

damn.......now that may be some rock. Isn't this what Axl talked about in 94? Seriously, kind of ironic that you get that shot. I have to say a twin guitar attack of Slash/Navarro with Duff and Popcorn....:butt:

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

Paradise City

Here comes the water lolll

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

^ Who was that on vocals?

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

I'm curious how the new song with Stockdale sounds.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

^ Who was that on vocals?

That's Chester from Linkin Park, and he sounded pretty good on both tunes there. There's another clip on youtube of him singing Good Times Bad Times and he sounds good on that too.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Here's the new track By The Sword played live on the night, sounds pretty killer!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kq-FluOS0TM

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

That's pretty cool, at least what Slash is doing. I've never much liked Wolfmother but I really do have high hopes for this album.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Yeah, the performance is really good but also my hopes for the album have gone up alot. I like the rotating musicians thing too. Hopefully it's a good mix on the album & everyone changes it up.

I much prefer this attempt than another VR for now. This coming from a pretty solid VR fan.

Board footer