You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: 14 Years that are gone forever....

James wrote:

Exactly 14 years ago.....

220px-GNRchinesedemocracy.jpg

That is fucking insane.

Where does the time go?

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

It goes way too fast. I was in college when the leaks happened in 2006. Hard to believe that was 16 years ago. We are quickly approaching the point where the gap between Use Your Illusion and Chinese Democracy (17 years) will be a smaller gap of time than the gap between Chinese Democracy and our current year...only 4 more years. Pretty wild to think about that, considering all the drama and mystery that was happening from 1998 to 2008. Not a damn thing has happened in the last 14 years other than the reunion, but it feels like the time has gone a lot faster.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

15 years between TSI and CD...I sense a trend lol

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

t feels like the time has gone a lot faster.

Other than health issues, what I hate most about getting older is how much faster time passes. A year passes like a month used to.

In another 14 years I'll be 61....or dead.

Either option is frightening to contemplate.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
James wrote:

t feels like the time has gone a lot faster.

Other than health issues, what I hate most about getting older is how much faster time passes. A year passes like a month used to.

In another 14 years I'll be 61....or dead.

Either option is frightening to contemplate.

You're about 10 years ahead of me on that path, but I'm feeling it myself. I don't think death scares me. I'm more afraid of something like a stroke that makes me disabled where someone else has to take care of me. That's a bad existence!

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Hopefully it's a sign we get the rest of the re-made demos next year lol.

The passage of time is getting very strange though. I read something that tried to explain it once - that your brain stores unique memories and new stuff, so like as you are young everything is new and gets saved/noticed, but as you get old most stuff is a repeat and so the brain kinda skips over it. For example, think of your morning breakfast routine, you probably have an aggregate memory of it rather than thousands of specific  seperate times...but you will remember a distinct time where something different happens - like you found out about 911 or you almost died eating a stone fruit or something.

In theory this explains why time seems faster as we age....but that said....I call bullshit...like there is no way....you could fit the number of days between 1988-1998 into the length of time we just had from 2012-2022....I just don't think it's the same length of time 16

Like it's been 6 years of this reunion now? Think about how long 6 years in school was lol...maybe that proves their point i dunno.

I know this much...the wait for a follow up to CD has been worse than the wait for CD to me. I know I shouldn't be waiting....but fuck me I like the music these assholes make...and what else I got to do? lol.

Karice Willis
 Rep: 0 

According to the pattern, GNR should have been releasing a new Album this year...

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Pattern? Lmao

Board footer