You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: 30 years of UYI

metallex78 wrote:

#UseYourIllusion30 September 17, 1991. The anniversary collection, out now. Share your favorite UYI moments with us.

https://GNR.lnk.to/UYI

This is how GN’R celebrate the anniversary of UYI… with some ugly as fuck new merch

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Once there was this rock n roll band, rollin on the streets. Time went by and it became a joke.

Basically this all comes down to Axl. The reason he is sitting there with an inept housekeeper management is because nobody except an immigrant maid wants to deal with his peculiarities. And he doesn't want to deal with them either. When Slash left the band he became the lovechild of Citizen Kane and Howard Hughes. Getting complete control of GN'R was one of those be careful what you wish for moments.

That being said, Howard Hughes could still relase an album.

jonesy
 Rep: 15 

jonesy wrote:

I’ll take the yellow long sleeve shirt, a mug & a face mask. Thanks!

I mean, Jesus Christ, in 1991 I remember the massive wait for UYI and the frenzy when it dropped, and this is the anniversary merch? To celebrate one of the biggest album releases of all time! Come on!!!! All the designs are lame. I wouldn’t buy any of that crap.

I’d be up for a just a white shirt with the full album cover on the front (red or blue) and some dates on the back to commemorate the epic tour. Or some reissue shirts from the 91-93 tour. How hard is that?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

#UseYourIllusion30 September 17, 1991. The anniversary collection, out now. Share your favorite UYI moments with us.

https://GNR.lnk.to/UYI

This is how GN’R celebrate the anniversary of UYI… with some ugly as fuck new merch

Holy shit....

That is literally worse than bootleg merch. I'm laughing at that shirt. Nobody would wear that.

Metallica and GNR used to be equals.

Look at how Metallica just celebrated the 30th anniversary of their iconic album.....

And look at how GNR just celebrated their 30th anniversary.

Night and day. One a professional operation, one managed by former housekeepers and janitors.

They should be ashamed to roll this out on the anniversary.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Here's something else fucked up about this...

These guys are about to enter their 60s. In other words, there's not many more key anniversaries left to do anything with.

It's just another massively blown opportunity.

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:
James wrote:

Here's something else fucked up about this...

These guys are about to enter their 60s. In other words, there's not many more key anniversaries left to do anything with.

It's just another massively blown opportunity.

Yep, pretty much. Another missed, wasted, opportunity.

Honestly, what GN’R fan would wear any of that fugly shit? It’s all fucking hideous.

Should’ve just reissued a bunch of old UYI tees, I would’ve bought a truckload of that stuff. But these new hideous designs? No fucking way.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

I'd like to know what adult looked at that and thought these are great.  They will sell like hot cakes!

You know what they have Slash back in the fold, he probably couldn't have designed something that didn't look that hideous in five minutes.  Hell, I've seen some GNR facebook groups who put more effort into some of their designs than this "effort"

Nothing says half ass and we really DGAF than those UYI shirts.

Oh those shirts would aspire to be ugly.  It's below ugly whatever that tier may be.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

This is what happens when you put jarmo in charge of merch design. 16

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

https://loudwire.com/metallica-secret-s … ist-video/

Or they could have done something like this.

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

https://loudwire.com/metallica-secret-s … ist-video/

Or they could have done something like this.

Metallica - always setting the gold  standard for how bands treat their fans

Board footer