You are not logged in. Please register or login.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

Re: random question re: Better

polluxlm wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:

Love the version that leaked 22nd of Feb 2006. The heavy 'now i know you better' parts were sung differently to later leaks and the released version.

Guitars sounded much more full and impressive too.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I honestly think those 06 leaks were the Andy Wallace mixes. There was no reason not to release it then. Most frustrating thing about that line up. Perfect moment to strike, all they needed was Bucket and all he wanted was for Axl to release the album

harmon420
 Rep: 20 

harmon420 wrote:
misterID wrote:

I honestly think those 06 leaks were the Andy Wallace mixes. There was no reason not to release it then. Most frustrating thing about that line up. Perfect moment to strike, all they needed was Bucket and all he wanted was for Axl to release the album

From the music we've heard from that period, it's understandable why so many of the players in this era had frustrations. Any iteration from 00 to 06 would have been a killer album. Instead they kept copy and pasting to the point these amazing songs evolved into unrecognizable mediocrity in regard to their original form.

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Gagarin wrote:

The Better leak 'leaked' in multiple segment teases. In the interim, fans spliced the parts together (it wasn't the whole song yet). Then the whole song was put out there. The original leak had some differences - there was an additional "I know you know you know I know Better" segment that the final and other releases didn't have. It was a high quality source (not a cassette), but a pretty 'blah' MP3 (128 kbps) from a bad encoder. I also suspect it was on a CD, then ripped from that CD and put into an MP3 or iTunes file, and then THAT was burned to a CD which was then ripped into an MP3 that ended up released.

At some point, an instrumental was leaked. I believed this was an iTunes file.

The Better leak was interesting because 1.) it wasn't sourced from a tape, 2.) It showed the blending of 'techo', 'numetal', and also 'rock', 3.) it wasn't using the clean voice Axl had been using live and showcased on leaks like TWAT and IRS - 'oh, he can still sound like Axl', 4.) it actually sounded like it belonged in 2006 and you could imagine it playing at a party or a bar.

Board footer