You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: The General confirmed next

James wrote:

I have a feeling releasing yet burying The General on vinyl is a sign that the CD era or what hardcores refer to as "the second half of Chinese" is finally coming to an end.

so-youre-telling-e72d9b4db0.jpg

Like Wagz said... we'll have to see how it develops but it's probably not a good sign.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Only way a Vinyl only with no digital immediate release would make sense is if they plan on grouping these songs together for a CD come holiday season. Like a lies part 2. Or they want to push the sales of the perhaps record for the short term.

Or they know the song isn't great and Or minimal vocals so they are throwing the cores a bone and unloading it to justify a perhaps Vinyl single? I dunno. I've always been 50/50 the song is actually dog shit.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

It's time for Chinese to come to an end.

I'm a big fan of everything he's released and everything I've heard from that era, but nevertheless, it has consumed Axl's life and apparently his creative endeavours for 25 years now. Enough is enough. Maybe these songs are as good as they can get. Maybe there's a point where re-recording stuff for the 16th time is just creating a new version of an idea that was not quite to be anyway.

Slash made it sound like they have picked the best 5 or 6 tracks of the 'Chinese leftovers'  and then they will start fresh.

That's probably what we need at this stage. Axl is 61 and trying to finish concepts he thought up at 37.

None of that world even remains anymore. I like the ideas so sure bring them out. But maybe it's time to bring Axl's talent into this era and let him out of his 2002 jail.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

I don’t know if he is capable of writing songs anymore. Or interested in doing so. He hasn’t given us any indication of either.

I want whatever is left in the ChiDem archives and am willing to pay to hear it — preferably the band but to hoarders if necessary.

After that I am done. There is no more history being made by this band. I am grateful to them (as well as Steven, Izzy, Matt, Pitman, and the rest). But the show is over.

Let’s hope the vinyl-only rumors are false.

carlossacanell
 Rep: 1 

I think CD IS a very good álbum. The problem was the delays,  people waiting for AFD II etc.
If It would be released under Axl Rose brand and not GNR reviews would be better for sure.
Leftovers? I dont believe in them. There was a plan for three albums. Seven, the general, and many others must be good songs... Not new november rains or WTTJ, but good songs.
I'd like they release an album with the best off that era with Slash and Duff contributions and after that NEW MUSIC composed by them tohether.
I have no doubts about Slash, Duff, Axl capacity of making great songs tohether.

carlossacanell

By the way.... When do you think The General will leak?

carlossacanell

Abd finally, i think CD has great songs that could fit perfectly with the illusions era... Chinese, Better, Shackler, Prostituye, CITR, Street of dreams etc

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

carlossacanell wrote:

It's difficult to say. I dont believe it will only be released on 7" but if thats true then it probably wont leak at all. Unless someone from where there being pressed takes one and copies and uploads it.

I don't believe an early version will ever leak.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:
carlossacanell wrote:

It's difficult to say. I dont believe it will only be released on 7" but if thats true then it probably wont leak at all. Unless someone from where there being pressed takes one and copies and uploads it.

I don't believe an early version will ever leak.

I just posted it in the tour thread.

We're definitely getting it as soon as someone who can upload it buys the vinyl.

There's no way to stop it. 

We're getting it one way or another.

[/embed]

Or like this...

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I want the CD era to come to an end but that would require releasing everything that’s left

Board footer