You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: The General confirmed next

James wrote:

Kinda funny in a way...

All the hype they allowed to build up this song  was just made null and void by this decision.

It also makes anyone who hyped it as the second coming look like a fucking idiot.

The George Lucas of rock?  Only if The General is Howard the Duck.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

Or “Radioland Murders”!

Let’s hope it is NOT true.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Raven5790 wrote:
James wrote:

Wow.

My hopes for the song just hit a brick wall.

You don't bury big guns on vinyl they know a handful will buy. They're still giving away the last vinyl they released to fan club members.

My 20 year old instinct shaping up to be true...Brains description nothing more than trolling and Baz being Baz, was mistaken about which song he heard... probably Seven or Soul Monster.

His song descriptions always sound the same anyways.

If The General is a steaming dog turd, my interest in the rest of the vault drops to zero, including Oklahoma.

I think we're about to find out why this stuff was sat on for 20 years...and it's not because it's better than what was released in 2008.

Also true.. and what if the songs Baz heard was actually State of grace??

We should let the General is State if Grace rumor die. Brain created The General, SOG already existed before Brain was in the band, and the lyrics and melody are clearly different

misterID

misterID wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

This doesn’t bode well.

If true, you’re alienating your own fan base from giving you money. Not everyone is into vinyl or even physical media anymore. And then there’s the question of the quality of the song.

If false, they’re sneaking around when things should be clear as day. Here’s the plan, preorder now. And so on.

Might go back to hibernation mode. I tire of the Mickey Mouse stuff.

Yeah, none of this makes any sense. The only *hopeful* way you can look at it is maybe they’re releasing things that don’t fit the group moving forward and they’re saving Atlas and the others for an album. I don’t know, remaining secretive is not only stupid, it’s never worked for any benefit for this band

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
misterID wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

This doesn’t bode well.

If true, you’re alienating your own fan base from giving you money. Not everyone is into vinyl or even physical media anymore. And then there’s the question of the quality of the song.

If false, they’re sneaking around when things should be clear as day. Here’s the plan, preorder now. And so on.

Might go back to hibernation mode. I tire of the Mickey Mouse stuff.

Yeah, none of this makes any sense. The only *hopeful* way you can look at it is maybe they’re releasing things that don’t fit the group moving forward and they’re saving Atlas and the others for an album. I don’t know, remaining secretive is not only stupid, it’s never worked for any benefit for this band

Yeah in the 20 years of Scooby Doo mystery, I can't think of a single time it actually worked in their favor and led towards anything good.

misterID

misterID wrote:

After releasing Silkworms as the first song of the reunited band, we really shouldn’t be surprised by any of this

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:

If they're burying New GNR as B-Sides, fair enough, but releasing physically only is backwards. It will be on the internet eventually. Making it difficult for your fans only agitates them. Keep them involved. You treat loyal customers like the asset they are. It's business 101 stuff.

Any way, we'll see what happens. I'm gonna just take a step back and let things unfold and not react to every direction the wind blows.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

Release a ton of ChiDem outtakes as limited-edition vinyl on Record Store Day.

Include lossless download cards.

Call the series Gn’Rchives.

Bonus points: Give the money to the people of Maui who lost their homes and loved ones.

Just end the drip-feed craziness already.

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:

Claude, great idea.

It’s a great idea like all the other great ideas generated by fans the last 20 years that are routinely stomped on and dismissed by Gn’R “management”.

AgesOfTheIce
 Rep: 10 

AgesOfTheIce wrote:

Fernando has been asked about this on Reddit. I suppose we'll just have to wait and see if he responds.

Board footer