You are not logged in. Please register or login.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

Re: Current Events...

polluxlm wrote:

I hear the property of the rich is left mostly undamaged, so there is that. Will be a right boon for them now to start buying up all that good land.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

How those people don't run Oprah off the island I'll never understand.

That story about the city needing that road to alleviate traffic jams, she buys the property, and refuses to allow anyone but her and her personal trainer to use it is infuriating.

Our society has to stop worshiping these people.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
James wrote:

How those people don't run Oprah off the island I'll never understand.

That story about the city needing that road to alleviate traffic jams, she buys the property, and refuses to allow anyone but her and her personal trainer to use it is infuriating.

Our society has to stop worshiping these people.

Couldn't agree more...Oprah is deplorable and has been coasting for so long...if what you're saying about the roads there is true, it's proof that she doesn't give a shit...

If I have to see one more 'interview' where people pat themselves on the back over nothing at Opera's mansion I'll barf.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

What's going on with public schools these days? What purpose are they serving anymore? My step daughter came home without any homework almost all of last year and I'm hearing that homework will be a thing of the past in our district. Everyone's getting As, everyone's passing...

Also, the girls are dressing like hookers at school. Boys are increasingly being taught that if they have a problem to go fuck themselves. Meanwhile, my property taxes go through the roof and the teachers are getting younger and cheaper and dumber.

What is the purpose of school? I guess based on the trends I'm seeing, it's a place you drop your kids off so you can go work.

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:

Destruction is the purpose. So they can build back better.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

Destruction of what?

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:

Society.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

What's going on with public schools these days? What purpose are they serving anymore? My step daughter came home without any homework almost all of last year and I'm hearing that homework will be a thing of the past in our district. Everyone's getting As, everyone's passing...

Also, the girls are dressing like hookers at school. Boys are increasingly being taught that if they have a problem to go fuck themselves. Meanwhile, my property taxes go through the roof and the teachers are getting younger and cheaper and dumber.

What is the purpose of school? I guess based on the trends I'm seeing, it's a place you drop your kids off so you can go work.

Ok, I chat with a friend who has two kids (in middle and high school).  Basically they don't teach anymore, at least not the way that you and I were.  They don't read as much and lack neccesary skills.  She has one daughter who she told me didn't know where to endorse the check and "signed" it in the front.  A lot of the stuff is summarized.  I'll try to explain this, I asked her, don't they all read in class. Everyone interprets passages/writing differently.  She goes no, it's summarized for them and they are taught that.  Also, they don't do book reports.

The schools are soft.  My friend also say that if they have an issue with anything they can always claim "mental health" and not do things.  It's insane really.  These people are going to be running the country soon.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Please don't fuck with this site's layout. It's my anchor. It's pretty much the only way I know we're in the same universe as we once were. Like come on...this is not the real future of the 1990s....it has it charms for sure....but i can't take it serious as the evolution of that era.

Relax it was a joke…

Just curious tho…what is your take on what the future should have looked like?

I've been trying to find a good example to explain what I mean but it's more of a feeling. Something about this reality feels wrong as if we are living in the alternative 1985 timeline from back to the future where Biff is super wealthy 16

There's events that are hard to reconcile with back then - eg Trump getting elected (love or hate him), now they seem to be saying UFOs are real, and of course the pandemic happening etc, it's like anything that can happen now does. Like I saw a meme about a sink hole in china the other day revealing an ancient forest semi-underground (have not fact checked it).. ..and I ask myself...would it be surprising if they find dinos? These days not so much.Seems crazy shit is just normal now. But it's not even so much specific things like that.

Perhaps it's the rate of change? I just think back to say 1995 and this world does not "flow" on naturally from that. Like in the way people think, the way people act, things happen now that would have been unthinkable back then. Some of it is the tech we have, but some of it is fundamental value changes or something but it's not the evolution I would have expected from things or something.

Even stuff like politics, like there is still this war between "left" and "right" but I don't feel either sides values have anything to do with what left and right used to mean back in the day.

I'm aware this sounds insane, but I just feel like it's almost like what we are living in now is the alternative timeline after someone figured out  time travel or something like that. Things happen these days and I like some and loathe others but like the whole mood of everything seems like nothing anyone could have predicted in the past. Stuff we argue about these days even. It just wouldn't have even been a thing in the past. I dunno. Maybe I'm full of shit. big_smile

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Trump to be arrested in Georgia? Lol

Board footer