You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: 2023 Tour Dates

James wrote:

https://www.ticketmaster.com/guns-n-ros … ist/735218

I only checked one show(NJ) but you can still buy 20 tickets in a row.

That's fucking insane.

Price for 20 tickets? Almost 7k.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

They have a few options and should probably pursue all of them:

-Release new music.

-Actually promote the tour by doing a kickass performance on TV whether it is SNL, a nighttime talk show, or anything. The press will rightly say it is historic.

-Go the Kid Rock route and sell seats for $10 or $20. It will go a long way toward re-establishing them as a band of the people.

James

James wrote:

Go the Kid Rock route and sell seats for $10 or $20. It will go a long way toward re-establishing them as a band of the people

Stones do something a bit similar to this too.... it's called "Lucky Dip". Random poor fans buying "cheap" seats will instead get something near the front for the same price.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

I just looked up some of the seats available.  The only show that had decent ticket sales was the Boston one and the STL show.  The rest of them, especially the ones in the Southeast had wide open spaces.

Some of these are embarrassing in terms of how many seats are available.  Nothing but big spatches of blue.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
guts wrote:

[/embed]
sad

James

James wrote:

Yet they do absolutely nothing to fix it.

It's unprecedented levels of incompetence.

It's funny how a leak would help them. The 2006 tour got a massive buzz from the leaks.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:
James wrote:

Stones do something a bit similar to this too.... it's called "Lucky Dip". Random poor fans buying "cheap" seats will instead get something near the front for the same price.

Can confirm that this model works too. Had a buddy reach out a few years ago asking if I wanted to go see the Stones since it was only £40 for a lucky dip ticket. I jumped on that deal but doubt I would have if it were full price as I wasn't that bothered about going, especially with all the other expenses like train tickets, hotels, time off work etc.

Ended up having a great night and even got to see Richard Ashcroft (The Verve) open for them too which was amazing - I think they'd finally just put that whole Bittersweet Symphony royalties issue behind them at the time.

Edit to add: I wasn't near the front, I was seated at the back of the arena/stadium, but yeh it is lucky dip so we could have been randomly given seats anywhere.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

God damn it, they busted out TWAT in Rome because someone in the audience asked for it. Why does this never happen when I'm at a show? (also Axl pretty much nailed the screams, again).

Also this is probably Slash's best rendition of the solo to date.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

It's a crying shame Buckethead was gone before we could hear him play TWAT live

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Scabbie wrote:

It's a crying shame Buckethead was gone before we could hear him play TWAT live

Yeah, I wish we'd had just one performance of it with Buckethead.

Oddly, Bucket got a mention from Axl at the Rome show.

Board footer