You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: 2023 Tour Dates

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah it leaked many years back. I think around 2013.

Always wonder when it was made - the vocal style seems more like he was doing in 2009 or so but who knows maybe it's just an alternative take from like 1999 that they dug out of the protools session or whatever.

I like the more screamy vocals suits the pain of the song, and some of the little high hums he does before lines like "she holds her pain inside"

Although the beat (brain and melissa?) is fun I would love to for these vocals to be done with a slash/duff instrumental.

It's a long shot - but in a world where they did alternative versions of don't cry, then there's room in life for Axl to revist this masterpiece.

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

I dont have all of these anymore due to HD fuck up but

TIL remix- First clip leaked in December 2013 which pissed me off as I was hoping to use it to trade with, still doubt it would have worked as the remix's are worth less in a trade. Shortly after the clip leaked I found a 30 second clip sat on 4shared that had clips of Silk, OMG, TIL, & the other remixes.
Axl said this about TIL in 2008 on the forum chats.

“The main string melody in that section (meaning the bridge) I had originally written to a hip-hop loop as
well.”
( AXL CD.COM 2008 )

That sort of hints that the remix is probably closer to the actual original that you might expect. Vocals sound 2006 or 2010 to my ears but given that song dates back to the early 90's (Axl mentions it on the Robert John Doc) Those vocals could in therory be the oldest of the CD era.

The shackler's remix was done in December 2007

Brain: Axl is really interested in having everybody bring what they do into the picture. I just did a remix of
"Shackler’s,” - made it kind of more club. And I think he wants to put out a remix album of some of the other
songs we did. http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/arti … icleid=175

My friend Brain is the drummer for Guns N' Roses (he also used to be the drummer for Primus). He wrote
two of the songs on the new Guns N' Roses record 'Chinese Democracy" released late last year.
He and his musical collaborator Melissa Reese worked up a hip hop/club version of the song 'Shackler's
Revenge" with programmed beats and additional loops and cool sounds. They asked me to mix it. I've been
chipping away at it for a few weeks over the Christmas holidays and finally I think it is done. I'm quite happy
with how it turned out, it is pretty wacky though! (later, sometime in February) Brain called to say that Axl
Rose finally heard the remix and really likes it. Yay!.. (Sean Beresford Sunday,January, 2009)

The remix actually was posted on Sean's profile page for a short time before being removed.
http://www.blightysound.com/Blighty_Sou … %99_Roses_-
_Shackler_Revenge_club_remix.html (broken link)

If that interview with Sean was in January 2009 and Brain called him in February then it follows that Brain
and Mellisa Reese made the remix in December 2007. Which proves that at least this remix actually predated Chinese Democracy's release

Shacklermyrye

Sorry if that posts off topic btw lol.

There's more remix's than people know I think, some good some bad, I wonder what the reaction would have been had they been released though, not great i think

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

I find the remixes kinda fun - if the world was cool too - but they're more like "fun bonus disk content" to me than like "this is what the album should have been" - with the exception of those TIL vocals which rock!

Shacklermyrye

monkeychow wrote:

I find the remixes kinda fun - if the world was cool too - but they're more like "fun bonus disk content" to me than like "this is what the album should have been" - with the exception of those TIL vocals which rock!

I think that's basically what they were for, a bonus disc. Except all of the Better's , I think that was like a homework type thing he would give everybody to see what they could do with it. Explains why there is a Brain version, Ron version, Ashba version, even a Slash and Reece version.

Pretty sure there is a studio version of the Sorry remix too.

Shacklermyrye

By the way the current vdeo that have on the big screen before ISE, does anyone know if the audio is lifted/ sampled off anything unrelated to guns?

Creative Works London would have made the video I might ask them on FB, there response about The General the other day was interesting

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

Someone from Creative Works London posted on here a very long time ago, no idea if they still lurk or anything though.

Has the studio of a Slash version of better leaked? I'd never heard of a Slash version I thought there was just a DJ remix and a Ron Acoustic version.

Shacklermyrye

monkeychow wrote:

Someone from Creative Works London posted on here a very long time ago, no idea if they still lurk or anything though.

Has the studio of a Slash version of better leaked? I'd never heard of a Slash version I thought there was just a DJ remix and a Ron Acoustic version.

No and to be fair I cant say for sure that version has been recorded, but certianly when Slash came back and Recce joined they reworked the intro if you remember, someone did do a pretty convincing fan made version of it but it wasn't real. There's also the Brain version Better Gone.....It's awful lol

Someone asked creative Works if they had done a video for The General and they left a shocked emoji and asked "who this mysterious general was" or something to that effect.

If it's on the setlist then I'm pretty sure they must have done some stage video for it same with Perhaps. Who was the poster on here who worked for them?

Shacklermyrye

monkeychow wrote:

I don't know if this is an unkown about Brain remix for Absurd or what but this company is clearly being given audio
https://tr.ee/Wmc8KzDbvM

Cant figure how to rip audio from them, not too bothered about absurd but would be good to know how

Izzyjim
 Rep: 2 

Izzyjim wrote:
misterID wrote:

It’s legit. This leaked a long time ago.

Thanks!
I wasn't visiting the boards back at 2012-2013.

Fuck that's amazing! Anybody know why/ how comes it surfaces again ?

Board footer