You are not logged in. Please register or login.
- Topics: Active | Unanswered
#1 Re: Guns N' Roses » Axl is in the Studio but what for? » 9 days ago
Touch up vocals for a Monsters October release...
I could see a touch up on vocals for the Sabbath stuff they did at that Ozzy show. I haven't listened to what they did at that gig since it happened but i remember he sounded mostly bad and there were big timing issues.
He should just record It's Alright so they can put it on the album that will presumably come with the release of Back To The Beginning.
Studio has a pretty impressive video setup if they wanted to capture it. https://static1.squarespace.com/static/ … F+-+V2.pdf
Probably a guest thing on a Carrie Underwood song though.
#2 Re: Guns N' Roses » Axl is in the Studio but what for? » 9 days ago
This is not a recent pic and is taken from the gallery on the site. They have a Yamaha C7 in the studio he is in and a Steinway Model D also. Not impossible he is there for a reason outside of recording vocals I suppose. I would guess it's a guest appearance on something though

#3 Guns N' Roses » Axl is in the Studio but what for? » 10 days ago
- Shacklermyrye
- Replies: 15
Was posted by Fernando on Instagram.
Power Station Studio, NYC. Looks like Studio A to me.
Who knows for what? There's rumours he may be doing something with Carrie Underwood.
https://powerstation.nyc/new-index
The flagship room of Power Station is the most famous recording space in New York City, Studio A provides a spacious tracking room featuring an innovative and flexible system of isolation that offers musicians excellent sight lines.
The signature sound of Studio A is unmistakeable and has graced countless legendary recordings since it’s doors opened. From rock bands to 60 piece orchestras, all the way to Broadway cast albums and beyond, this room has seen it all.
Studio A is centered around a classic 40-input Neve 8088 console, the last of its kind produced by Neve. It was custom built for Power Station Studios and provides impeccable vintage analog tone with the flexibility in routing needed for modern recording sessions.
The studio console is Neve which they have used a lot post UYI but the model in this studio is a vintage bespoke model way older than anything they used at The Village like the 88R
#4 Re: Guns N' Roses » Tracks missing from the leaked CD's » 2 weeks ago
[/embed]
lol that's Jonathan Wilson not Shaq and its from the first GTA, funny though.
#5 Re: Guns N' Roses » Tracks missing from the leaked CD's » 2 weeks ago
Shacklermyrye wrote:Axl in Studio D of The Village on October the 8th 2002.
Later than work done from the locker leak stuff that's out there, this was both after Fortus had joined, and after RTB had gone.
The Dan named here will be Dan Monti who worked as an in house engineer and assistant engineer at The Village (and worked with Bucket)
Wonder what song was being worked on that day
https://i.postimg.cc/tTk7M37Y/2002.pngGuns N' Roses performances 2002
August 26th 2002 London England
August 29th 2002 Mtv Vma's
November 7th 2002 Vancouver CanadaThe reasoning "Guns N' Roses will go back into the studio immediately following the [August] dates to put the final touches on the forthcoming 'Chinese Democracy' album. 'I gave into a lot of pressure on Illusions both internally in Guns and externally in the press, those albums suffered as a consequence, it's not something I'm too excited to have to live with again.
There are a lot of new songs that were just done in the last year that we feel that 'okay, well that bumps a lot of stuff off the previous list'. [...] I think that we'll go on to write some very interesting things with Richard and he's already done some rhythm work and some leads on the album, [...] but it's time to stop [adding new songs] now and wrap up the baby.." (Axl, GNROnline, 08/15/02)
Credit Chinese whispersSo touch ups is my guess, unless you know more @Shacklermyrye ?
No I expect you are correct. Touch ups on tracks we know of probably, but not necessarily all the same album songs that were released in 2008 though.
"Guns N' Roses will go back into the studio immediately following the [August] dates to put the final touches on the forthcoming 'Chinese Democracy' album.
That was said in 2002 and the intended track list for the album at that time may not have been exactly the same as 2008, I'm sure that mostly it was but there may have been a song or two bumped off the list by 2008.
I was just surprised to see The Village post anything related to those sessions, the only person there outside of the band and producers who has ever talked about it a little is Jeff Greenberg i think, who was the CEO and manager in 2002, he bought it in 2007.
#6 Re: Guns N' Roses » 2026 Tour Dates » 4 weeks ago
There’s nothing I’ve heard that suggests these guys couldn’t make a brand new studio album if they cared to do so. Axl is more than fine to perform in a studio setting. They sound good.
Don’t think it will happen but yeah… I think they sound great for their age.
I was also kinda hoping for Oh My God… lol. That wasn’t gonna happen. RiR3 BH solo is still the GOAT for me…
Glad you enjoyed the show. Decent setlist tbf
Welcome To The Jungle,
Bad Obsession,
It’s So Easy,
Mr. Brownstone,
Slither,
Chinese Democracy,
Live And Let Die,
Nice Boys,
Yesterdays,
Shadow Of Your Love,
Double Talkin’ Jive,
Hard Skool,
Estranged,
Only Women Bleed (intro)/Knockin’ On Heaven’s Door,
You Could Be Mine,
Nothin’,
Junior’s Eyes,
Sabbath Bloody Sabbath,
Rocket Queen,
Don’t Cry,
New Rose,
Think About You,
Atlas,
Civil War/(Voodoo Child (Slight Return)),
Slash Solo/Sweet Child O’ Mine,
November Rain,
Nightrain,
Paradise City.
Some people are of the opinion that Slash's solo could be a song they are working on, what did you make of it?
#7 Re: Guns N' Roses » Tracks missing from the leaked CD's » 4 weeks ago
Axl in Studio D of The Village on October the 8th 2002.
Later than work done from the locker leak stuff that's out there, this was both after Fortus had joined, and after RTB had gone.
The Dan named here will be Dan Monti who worked as an in house engineer and assistant engineer at The Village (and worked with Bucket)
Wonder what song was being worked on that day
#8 Re: Guns N' Roses » Atlas & Nothing the last of reworked songs - CD era comes to a close » 4 weeks ago
Absurd Perhaps/General were all announced in August in 2021 and 2023 with Hardskool announced in September of 2021 with the aim of being out for Christmas. So if the intent for this package of songs (probably including Monsters) is to have it out for Christmas then it needs to be announced in the next two weeks really.
So if they don't announce this in the next two weeks then it isn't happening this year I think.
Obviously they could drop something like Monsters to streaming without issue (in theory at least , this gnr after all) but as all the songs have been put out on vinyl then it's obvious this collection will be too, and production bottle necks in the 4th quarter.
If they were to just do it on CD with Vinyl at a later date then the CD production time would be 4 to 5 weeks.
They should just put Monsters streaming for Halloween and release the collection next year when they are off so it can serve as filler to tide over the few who still care.
#9 Re: Guns N' Roses » If GNR releases nothing in 2023, is this the end for you? » 4 weeks ago
“We did a Hanoi Rocks tune but we decided not to put it on the album because we didn't
wanna give Andy McCoy ( former Hanoi guitarist ) the money! McCoy's an asshole! The basic
track was done but we never did any vocals for it.” Slash Kerrang NO.485 March 12, 1994
Andy McCoy has accused the band of plagiarism, he thinks Paradise
City is made of riffs taken from several Hanoi Rocks songs. He thinks the chorus is a
slowed down version of a riff from Lost In The City.
As for Down On The Street.....
“We recorded a basic track on Iggy's Down On The Street. But we didn't finish that either, we
stuck with Raw Power it just sounded cooler. Iggy knew we were doing the Stooges tune. I
talk to Iggy all the time anyway, he's a good friend. He was happy that we were doing
anything in the first place, so that was cool” Slash Kerrang NO. 485 March 12 1994
We did two Stooges songs, but Axl liked the vocal on "Raw Power" the best. Slash Guitar
Player, January 1994
The second comment here is open to interpretation when you think about it. Saying that
Axl liked the vocal could mean the original vocal, or perhaps that he had recorded vocals
for both this and also raw Power but preferred his work on the latter..
#10 Re: Guns N' Roses » If GNR releases nothing in 2023, is this the end for you? » 5 weeks ago
Shacklermyrye wrote:Shacklermyrye wrote:Shame we will probably never see this one
https://i.postimg.cc/hvdgsRgd/Screenshot-44.png
36 min inRandom update on this probably not worthy of it's own thread, at least yet.
A few years back I looked into Iron Mountain and stumbled on that video of the Beer & Cigarette ADAT being scanned whilst I was looking into how GN'Rs vault access works. Anyway I mentioned at the time there was a plan for a TV series on Iron Mountain in the early works, well work has moved on and here is more information...
https://newnoisemagazine.com/news-cnn-a … ry-series/
CNN and Universal Music Group have joined forces to launch a new television series which will premiere later this year. American comedian and actor Fred Armisen will be serving the show as a host. At this moment, no name for the show has been revealed. The show will feature many unreleased behind-the-scenes moments from UMG’s huge music archives. Pioneering artists such as Nirvana, Guns N’ Roses, and others will be featured in the show. It will showcase pop culture’s crucial moments and stories of legendary artists and songwriters who have made incredible impact in the history of music.
The vaults of UMG is located in Boyers, Pennsylvania, in a 220 feet underground former limestone mine. It holds thousands of iconic antiquities such as original recordings, master tapings, unreleased photos, alternative album art, and unreleased live recordings.
Armisen made the following statement at UMG’s “Music Is Universal” showcase:
“I’m honored, and I can’t wait to get started with this project. I want to move into that vault! I hope we get to dive in, deeper and deeper, into these recordings.”
He added:
“And I also want to say that to Universal Music Group that whenever you put out boxed sets with the demos and everything on them, I buy all of it! For real, I buy the LPs and CDs, because I want both collections. I’m really honored, and thank you so much for having me—I can’t wait to get started.”
The show will be a unique experience for music enthusiasts. Details regarding the show will be revealed soon.
As I recall the early idea was to have a single episodes based around an individual bands (eg) ep 1 The who, ep 2 gnr and so forth , can't say if that's still the case or not or if there stuff will be featured over several episodes, we shall see I guess.
I'd love to hear Beer & Cigarette! That's one of the two unreleased tracks from Spaghetti Incident, the other being The Stooges Down on the Street. I'm not sure if either have vocals recorded though, from what has been mentioned in various interviews.


