You are not logged in. Please register or login.

#1 Re: Dust N' Bones & Cyborg Slunks » SMKC #5 being recorded in November » 5 days ago

New SMKC single coming October 2nd, and the album is coming February 10th 2027.

#2 Re: The Sunset Strip » Bums N’ Bozos (my band) have released a song! » 5 days ago

James wrote:

Wow...I don't remember you doing a GNR tribute thing. I know a couple other members did eons ago but don't remember this.

My memory is shot.

Only it's not a GN'R tribute though... so don't worry, your memory isn't shot! 14

Yeah, we're called Bums N' Bozos, as a joke on the name Guns N' Roses. But it more just sums as up as a band - in that we're a just a bunch of (bums) and amateur musicians (bozos) just having fun, just jamming on songs by our favourite rock bands.

We're definitely NOT a GN'R tribute act. We do play some GN'R stuff (mostly just Knockin On Heaven's Door), as well as the likes of AC/DC, Black Sabbath, Green Day, The Doors, Pearl Jam, Elvis, KISS, Nirvana, Foo Fighters, Johnny Cash, Ramones, Sex Pistols, Deep Purple, Rolling Stones, Metallica etc.

Anyway, thanks to everyone who's taken them time to give our single a listen, as the royalties from the streams goes to help our bandmate with cancer.

Here's the link again:

https://distrokid.com/hyperfollow/bumsn … x-for-kev-

#3 Re: The Sunset Strip » Bums N’ Bozos (my band) have released a song! » 2 weeks ago

BLS-Pride wrote:

This is awesome dude! Great fucking work bro!

Thanks man. Appreciate the kind words and the support. We’ve done this for a good cause.

#4 Re: Guns N' Roses » 2026 Tour Dates » 3 weeks ago

Shacklermyrye wrote:
-Jack- wrote:

There’s nothing I’ve heard that suggests these guys couldn’t make a brand new studio album if they cared to do so. Axl is more than fine to perform in a studio setting. They sound good.

Don’t think it will happen but yeah… I think they sound great for their age.

I was also kinda hoping for Oh My God… lol. That wasn’t gonna happen. RiR3 BH solo is still the GOAT for me…

Glad you enjoyed the show. Decent setlist tbf

Welcome To The Jungle,
Bad Obsession,
It’s So Easy,
Mr. Brownstone,
Slither,
Chinese Democracy,
Live And Let Die,
Nice Boys,
Yesterdays,
Shadow Of Your Love,
Double Talkin’ Jive,
Hard Skool,
Estranged,
Only Women Bleed (intro)/Knockin’ On Heaven’s Door,
You Could Be Mine,
Nothin’,
Junior’s Eyes,
Sabbath Bloody Sabbath,
Rocket Queen,
Don’t Cry,
New Rose,
Think About You,
Atlas,
Civil War/(Voodoo Child (Slight Return)),
Slash Solo/Sweet Child O’ Mine,
November Rain,
Nightrain,
Paradise City.

Some people are of the opinion that Slash's solo could be a song they are working on, what did you make of it?

That is a pretty decent setlist, though I'm not sure it justified them doing another year of touring.
While some cool lesser played UYI songs have been added, there is nothing there (pun intended) that jumps out at me to make me go and see them again.

I'm surprised they dropped Pretty Tied Up too. That's a great UYI cut that Axl and the band sound fantastic on.

As for the Slash solo, yeah, it definitely sounds structured enough to be the basis of a new song.
It has some quite tasty shredding and emotional melodies in it too.
So if it doesn't come out as a new GN'R song, I hope Slash releases it in some form. It sounds too good not to.

#5 Re: Guns N' Roses » If GNR releases nothing in 2023, is this the end for you? » 3 weeks ago

Shacklermyrye wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:

Random update on this probably not worthy of it's own thread, at least yet.

A few years back I looked into Iron Mountain and stumbled on that video of the Beer & Cigarette ADAT being scanned whilst I was looking into how GN'Rs vault access works. Anyway I mentioned at the time there was a plan for a TV series on Iron Mountain in the early works, well work has moved on and here is more information...

https://newnoisemagazine.com/news-cnn-a … ry-series/

CNN and Universal Music Group have joined forces to launch a new television series which will premiere later this year. American comedian and actor Fred Armisen will be serving the show as a host. At this moment, no name for the show has been revealed. The show will feature many unreleased behind-the-scenes moments from UMG’s huge music archives. Pioneering artists such as Nirvana, Guns N’ Roses, and others will be featured in the show. It will showcase pop culture’s crucial moments and stories of legendary artists and songwriters who have made incredible impact in the history of music.

The vaults of UMG is located in Boyers, Pennsylvania, in a 220 feet underground former limestone mine. It holds thousands of iconic antiquities such as original recordings, master tapings, unreleased photos, alternative album art, and unreleased live recordings.

Armisen made the following statement at UMG’s “Music Is Universal” showcase:

“I’m honored, and I can’t wait to get started with this project. I want to move into that vault! I hope we get to dive in, deeper and deeper, into these recordings.”

He added:

“And I also want to say that to Universal Music Group that whenever you put out boxed sets with the demos and everything on them, I buy all of it! For real, I buy the LPs and CDs, because I want both collections. I’m really honored, and thank you so much for having me—I can’t wait to get started.”

The show will be a unique experience for music enthusiasts. Details regarding the show will be revealed soon.

As I recall the early idea was to have a single episodes based around an individual bands (eg) ep 1 The who, ep 2 gnr and so forth , can't say if that's still the case or not or if there stuff will be featured over several episodes, we shall see I guess.

I'd love to hear Beer & Cigarette! That's one of the two unreleased tracks from Spaghetti Incident, the other being The Stooges Down on the Street. I'm not sure if either have vocals recorded though, from what has been mentioned in various interviews.

https://i.postimg.cc/jLCmhfjK/beer-cigarette.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/kBDzyS5J/beer-n-cigs-2.jpg

Brilliant - so it exists!

It's hard to make out though whether it says anything about vocals recorded?

#6 Re: Guns N' Roses » If GNR releases nothing in 2023, is this the end for you? » 4 weeks ago

Shacklermyrye wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:

Shame we will probably never see this one
https://i.postimg.cc/hvdgsRgd/Screenshot-44.png


36 min in

Random update on this probably not worthy of it's own thread, at least yet.

A few years back I looked into Iron Mountain and stumbled on that video of the Beer & Cigarette ADAT being scanned whilst I was looking into how GN'Rs vault access works. Anyway I mentioned at the time there was a plan for a TV series on Iron Mountain in the early works, well work has moved on and here is more information...

https://newnoisemagazine.com/news-cnn-a … ry-series/

CNN and Universal Music Group have joined forces to launch a new television series which will premiere later this year. American comedian and actor Fred Armisen will be serving the show as a host. At this moment, no name for the show has been revealed. The show will feature many unreleased behind-the-scenes moments from UMG’s huge music archives. Pioneering artists such as Nirvana, Guns N’ Roses, and others will be featured in the show. It will showcase pop culture’s crucial moments and stories of legendary artists and songwriters who have made incredible impact in the history of music.

The vaults of UMG is located in Boyers, Pennsylvania, in a 220 feet underground former limestone mine. It holds thousands of iconic antiquities such as original recordings, master tapings, unreleased photos, alternative album art, and unreleased live recordings.

Armisen made the following statement at UMG’s “Music Is Universal” showcase:

“I’m honored, and I can’t wait to get started with this project. I want to move into that vault! I hope we get to dive in, deeper and deeper, into these recordings.”

He added:

“And I also want to say that to Universal Music Group that whenever you put out boxed sets with the demos and everything on them, I buy all of it! For real, I buy the LPs and CDs, because I want both collections. I’m really honored, and thank you so much for having me—I can’t wait to get started.”

The show will be a unique experience for music enthusiasts. Details regarding the show will be revealed soon.

As I recall the early idea was to have a single episodes based around an individual bands (eg) ep 1 The who, ep 2 gnr and so forth , can't say if that's still the case or not or if there stuff will be featured over several episodes, we shall see I guess.

I'd love to hear Beer & Cigarette! That's one of the two unreleased tracks from Spaghetti Incident, the other being The Stooges Down on the Street. I'm not sure if either have vocals recorded though, from what has been mentioned in various interviews.

#7 Re: Guns N' Roses » Magnum Opus: New Book on the Making of Chinese Democracy » 7 weeks ago

FlashFlood wrote:

The only thing that will get a current era album out is Andrew Watt. I don’t like him, but he’s recorded with Duff and Slash on Ozzy’s last albums. You have to imagine he’s pitched those two on the idea.

Yeah, Andrew Watt seems to be the go-to guy for getting albums out from long running artists (Ozzy, Pearl Jam, plus the last two Stones albums).

I don't like his production style at all, it's all very muddy and brick-walled to death. But he does have a knack for getting some good music out of these well established artists.

I still think if we're ever gonna get a new GN'R album, that features Axl, Slash N Duff, it needs to be produced by Mike Clink.
He did AFD through to TSI, and no one has perfectly captured the GN'R sound like he has.

#8 Re: The Sunset Strip » Bums N’ Bozos (my band) have released a song! » 10 weeks ago

We've hit over one hundred plays on Spotify and Apple Music. Let's keep this momentum going! 5

Thank you to everyone who's given us a listen! 9

https://distrokid.com/hyperfollow/bumsn … -for-kev-/

747191053_1421637586678221_3656619952009453518_n.jpg?stp=cp6_dst-jpg_tt6&cstp=mx540x800&ctp=s540x800&_nc_cat=105&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=127cfc&_nc_ohc=3m5WfE_g_yUQ7kNvwFoiH7n&_nc_oc=Adr94Qq28i3s9wfgkg19RIbinlOCf5wpMwJ1r90Q7mEpopgboZiiLvJ_OJM7k9WWj82pOTwhDmmUTXtbo0iArsJb&_nc_zt=23&_nc_ht=scontent.fsyd12-1.fna&_nc_gid=b3Ea9uTF3ovEVxYF8RS_Bw&_nc_ss=782a8&oh=00_AQB7akBcQC_op_6ITLSZjIGr-L6vvqlqHVzGcyTRbFOxjg&oe=6A60C031

#9 Re: The Sunset Strip » Bums N’ Bozos (my band) have released a song! » 11 weeks ago

Smoking Guns wrote:

Man, I just checked this out! This is awesome. Great job!!

Thanks man, I really appreciate the kind words! 9

Tried my best to channel a bit of Slash for the guitar solo (2:36-3:10) 21

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB